|“||When a man takes a wheelbarrow full of pork into the sewers I assume he ain't gone to feed the rats.||”|
– Darvesh, Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance
Darvesh is a beggar who can be found in the Mardaneus Plaza district of Aleroth during the events of Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance. He is sitting with his legs crossed and his head down, on the grass just northwest of the plaza's waypoint shrine.
You can give Darvesh coins, one at a time. Doing so has a couple of rewards:
- If you give him three coins, he'll tell you where Taurus, a Champion, keeps his prized shield.
- If you give him an additional seven coins (ten in total), you'll receive a one-point stat boost.
- Everybody's a Critic – Mindreading Darvesh allows you to acquire Gorgombert cheese from Sir Gula's House on Lanilor Lane. (The key spawns on a potted plant right next to the back entrance's trapdoor.)
- An Appetite For Murder – Bernard suggests that you speak to Darvesh about the stolen food and missing healers. He'll tell you that he's seen someone bringing wheelbarrows full of pork into the Sewer Tunnels under Crow's Nest, and that Joramson and Otto went to lay in wait for the man to return.
Mindreading Darvesh costs 15000 exp and reveals the location of the key to Sir Gula's House back entrance: "Praise the Divine I know where his maid keeps the key to Gula's kitchen or I'd starve. Thinks I didn't see her put it among the flowers."
You can talk to him about it. He responds: "Good heavens, your highness! How'd you know? I ... I didn't mean any harm by it, honest! Don't tell the healers! Think of my family, your highness, my children, my ... my canaries!"
You can then ask him what he knows about Sir Gula. He says: "Nothing much. He's a noble and I know no nobles. I'm a mere beggar. I think he's an explorer or something. Made him a fortune. I tried that once. Wasn't a mile outside the city afore an imp arrow pierced me lung. If it weren't for the healers I wouldn't be living to beg today, I can tell you that!"
<Gallery> Darvesh.png Mardaneus Plaza map (D2 FoV location).png|Location of Darvesh (C on map)