|Divinity: Original Sin 2|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Playstation 4, Xbox-one|
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an isometric, single-player and cooperative multiplayer fantasy RPG with tactical turn-based combat, and a highly interactive world. The main upgrades from the original game involve lots of choices and consequences, specifically in regards to your origin story and how that affects gameplay.
Thanks to all of the Kickstarter stretch goals being funded, the game will ship with a powerful editor that is "as intuitive as possible," allowing anyone to create their own single-player and multiplayer adventures, and publish them online. Even more impressive is that there will be a Game Master mode that allows control of the game while you are playing.
Other games in the series include Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Divinity II: Ego Draconis, Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance, Divinity: Dragon Commander, and Divinity: Original Sin (and its Enhanced Edition). Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a sequel to Divinity: Original Sin, taking place after many generations have passed.
Larian Studios launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter on 26 August 2015, which ended up raising over $2,000,000 (including PayPal pledges) on 30 September 2015. The game is planned to release sometime during 4th quarter 2016.
Generations after the events of Divinity: Original Sin, the upstart Bishop Alexandar the Innocent has declared Source the sole preserve of the Divine Order. Sourcerers are now criminals, and those suspected of having Source powers are hunted, apprehended, and forcibly purged of their powers -- leaving only empty bodies, devoid of emotion or free will, behind.
Four burgeoning Sourcerers from around the realm are each a victim of Alexandar’s pogrom. There’s a bounty on your head. Divine Order magisters are hunting you. You don’t know who to trust, and the world is anything but your friend.
To save yourself, you'll need to take on the greatest Sourcerer the world has ever known. You'll have to negotiate betrayal and deceit, the politics of a world tearing itself apart, and deal with your own Source powers.
Travelling through majestic cities, dangerous wastelands, lost temples, and war-torn battlefields, you will be looking for a way to defeat Alexandar, discovering that the only way lies deep within yourself.
It will be, without a doubt, the journey of a lifetime.
- Introducing playable character races! These aren't just a new look for your character, the new races with have specific advantages and disadvantages that affect both the story and combat. The undead are even one of the choices to play.
- You are being hunted because you are a Sourcerer, which means you have a new special set of skills that use a new "Source Points" resource.
- Introducing many more base skill schools, plus as part of the Kickstarter, two more player voted skill trees. Plus there will even be racial skills.
- Did you like that dwarf? You can let them know either way. Introducing both intense rivalries and romances.
And Many Many MoreEdit
- Many more features than in previous games that will be expanded upon as information is released.