The Order of Source Hunters: A Brief History
- When Source was tainted so many centuries ago, Sourcerors who had once brought great good began to wield a force of evil. When one of their kind, Braccus Rex, came to power, he instigated a war that would have undone Rivellon if not for the Council of Seven.
- These wise rulers ordered a new order of elite warriors especially trained to fight the Source menace.
- Braccus was defeated, and the Order of the Source Hunters began its mission. Our objective is to eradicate the Source menace from Rivellon, one Sourceror at a time.
- Unlike other forms of magic, Source is particularly difficult to identify. Mages of many years' experience may learn to sense the presence of Source, as others smell the sick-sweet scent of poison or hear the barely-perceptible scrape of a sword loosened from its hilt.
- Source may be channeled through certain objects-- weapons, gems, or metals. These are unpredictable as Source itself and may inflict terrible harm or magnificent feats of healing upon either wielder or target
Methodology of the Source Hunters
- Ours is an order of cunning and cleverness as much as strength and power.
- The well-trained Source Hunter will examine and question- list every barrel and analyze each testimony for the faintest breath of a clue.
- Nothing is insurmountable. If some knot puzzles you, mark its location upon your map and return to it when you've learned a better method of untangling it.
- There are no limits to a Source Hunter's resolve. No riddle is unknowable; no foe unbeatable; no mystery unsolvable.