This quest is acquired when you speak to any one of the three blue Mushrooms surrounding the White Witch's cabin about the barrier.
- Return to your Homestead and speak to Zixzax about the mushrooms.
- Return to the Mushrooms and tell them of Zixzax's solution. Choose to kill the mushrooms for +1 Blunt or to find the spell for +1 Considerate. Killing the mushrooms will end the quest here.
- The Barrier Removal Spell is hidden on a hill directly south of Fumble the troll from Beauty And The Beast. Teleport your character beyond the traps (the stone area up on the hill is safe) and dig the mound next to the chest for 1650 XP. Be wary of traps around the chest. See this image
- Return to the Witch's cabin and read Barrier Removal Spell for 5500 XP.
You can kill the mushrooms to get rid of the barrier. Note that the mushrooms are incredibly annoying to fight as elemental spells will cause a new mushroom to spawn. You will need to use spells whose primary function is NOT to cause damage. Spells like Crushing Fist, Vampiric Touch, Razor's Edge and Trip to name a few. Position your ranged party away from your melee (Madora) and have your melee attack the 2 mushrooms for easy bypass.
The mushrooms spawn when being hit with elemental attacks. Use attacks and weapons with no elemental attributes to kill them without spawning more.
Alternatively, you can search in the trap littered area just South East of the Troll (Fumble) for a buried spell called Barrier Removal authored by Maradino. This requires high Perception (12+) to avoid triggering the traps and notice the mound. Simply pick up the scroll and it will automatically update the quest. It is not a typical scroll but rather a parchment that can be read. Go back to the Witch's location and read the parchment/spell. The quest will be updated and then completed for 5500 XP.
- +1 Blunt or +1 Considerate
- 7150 XP if you decide not to kill the mushrooms