Elf-Orc Blood Feud is a side quest given by Eglandaer, an Elf located in Cyseal. He can be found standing around southwest of the cemetery. He'll request to speak to you in the King Crab Inn, the 2nd floor.
Speak to him at the Inn to learn his tale and you will find out that he wants vengeance against a tribe of orcs who killed his family. The last of the tribe is Victoria, a female orc-Librarian, who can be found in the library, on the first floor of Mayor Cecil's house. He wants you to kill her and bring him her Amulet.
There are a number of ways you can complete the side quest from here:
- First, you can Oppose him right there, He will attack you and will be killed.
- -This solution will award you 750xp from killing Eglandaer, plus 1800xp from the quest and Eglandaer body loot, including the key for the chest in the basement.
- Second, you can do what he asks you. Kill Victoria, loot her pendant, then take it back for your reward.
- -This solution will award you 645xp from killing Victoria, plus 1800xp from the quest and Eglandaer Reward Chest, you will have to pickpocket from him the key for the chest in the Inn basement.
- - IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do kill Victoria, Cecil will refuse to talk to you for the rest of the game, and several quests will be permanently locked out. It will not affect the main story line though.
- Third, you can go to Victoria and convince her to lend you her amulet for the greater good, then take it back to Eglandaer for your reward.
- - This solution will award you 300xp for convincing her, plus 300xp for the charisma duel itself, plus 1800xp from the quest and Eglandaer Reward Chest, you will have to pickpocket from him the key for the chest in the Inn basement.
- - You can speak to Aureus at Legion Headquarters prior to confronting Eglandaer to earn +1 Righteous for your main characters. Tell Aureus that there is someone to be arrested and mention Eglandaer. You won`t be able to get him arrested due to lack of proof, but you`ll still earn the +1 Righteous for trying.
- - Instead of pickpocketing Eglandaer after giving him Victoria`s amulet, you can attack him as he walks away and loot the body. This is a bit tricky: you have to fight him in his room or the rest of the occupants of the top floor attack you as well. Closing the door as your first action once combat starts helps in keeping the other occupants from noticing the hubbub. You may have to reload a couple of times, but this is definitely doable with the precautions I mentioned.
- Fourth, You can pickpocket the amulet from Victoria. then take it back to Eglandaer for your reward.
- -This solution will award you 1800xp from the quest and Eglandaer Reward Chest, you will have to pickpocket from him the key for the chest in the Inn basement.
- - As in the 3rd option, there is the possibility to earn +1 Righteous and to attack Eglandaer instead of pickpocketing him.
- Fifth, speak to Victoria and choose to pursue arresting him. When you bring it up with the Legion Commander he will ask for proof. Pickpocket Eglandaer for his Bloody Amulet and turn it in.
- -This solution will award you 300xp and +1 Reputation for nailing Eglandaer, plus 1800xp from the quest. Now you can go to the jail and open the door of his cell, the guards will kill the fugitive and you get also Eglandaer body loot, including the key for the chest in the basement. OR, using a teleport spell, like Expert Marksman Tactical Retreat, you can jump inside his cell, assassinate him (the guards will NOT intervene if the door is closed), and also get the 750xp from the kill plus his body loot.
- - You can also open the door to his cellar while having two characters talk to the guards and have the guards facing away. in this case Eglandaer will successfully escape. I would think it's an oversight by the developers but the guards actually comment on it and say something about him successfully escaping. I never followed that line to the end though. Can anyone check if he kills Victoria if you assist him in escaping?
- You can avoid opening the door to his cell altogether and talk to Victoria. She will give you a reward chest (good if you're a pacifist).
- 1800 XP for completing the quest, no matter the way you do it
- Various amounts of XP depending on how you complete it
- +1 Forgiving or +1 Vindictive after you speak with Eglandaer for the first time at the Inn. (Dialogue between the two Source Hunters)
- +1 Reputation if you have Eglandaer arrested and also either +1 Righteous or +1 Renegade in the arrest dialogue.
- Eglandaer Reward Chest if you can get his key