The Cave of Portals is located just southwest of Sacred Stone in the east half of Luculla forest. The corpse of an adventurer seeking the unique bow, Heartseeker, is just beside the entrance.
- Enter the cave and continue through the first section to the ladder at the end (nothing of interest here). Use the ladder to enter the next section which contains a return portal, frozen portal, fire portal, hidden air portal and the destination portal in the distance.
- Head to the bottom right of the map where a skeleton and book can be found. Read the Scribbled Notes and on the second page you will find a clue for using the portals in the correct sequence.
- "Brr!" refers to the frozen portal at the top left of the map. This will take you to another room of portals with a water portal, earth portal and bronze portal.
- "mountain" refers to the earth portal at the bottom left where rocks will be found in the room. This will take you back to the original room at the return portal.
- "*pant*" refers to the fire portal in the center right.
- "waterfall" refers to the water portal with the waterfall behind it.
- "mop" refers to the hidden air portal at the top of the map. The wall has an arch obscured by a hanging cloth. Just walk through it.
- "bronze" refers to the portal in the center right room with gears and machinery.
- This will take you to the final room with many bookshelves and three altars with skillbooks. When you approach the alters, a ghost of an Immaculate will appear and announce you can only choose one skillbook. Pick one book and the other two will vanish in smoke.
- Note: the second secret chest for The Last Chest mini-quest for the chest at The End of Time can be found here.
- Note: before leaving the final room be sure and pull the lever beside the final portal. This will enable the original return portal to send you to the final room directly.
- Choice of one of three random Master level skillbooks.
- 3600 XP