This quest is obtained when you find any one of the three items incriminating Esmeralda in the murder. If you have not yet obtained this quest, refer to the walkthrough.
- Obtain permission from Aureus at Legionnaire Headquarters to visit the scene of the murder.
- Visit Esmeralda's shop and talk to her. She will claim her innocence in the murder.
- At Esmeralda's shop steal her house key from upstairs. Sneak into her study (Use the back entrance of the house if you don't want the shop guard to see you and lose attitude) and pick up The Perfect Murder from the desk for 260 XP.
- Proceed into the next room and steal the Inn Chest Key. Go down to the basement.
- Pick up the Ham on the wall directly north of the stairs to reveal a switch. Pull the switch.
- Pick up the Bloody Dagger from the table for another 260 XP.
- Visit the scene of the murder at the Inn and open the chest to pick up the Poem for another 260 XP.
- After collecting all three pieces of evidence, if you confront Esmeralda she will still claim to be innocent but reveal that Jake has been in close company with Evelyn for the past few months.
- Return to Aureus and discuss Jake's murder and Esmeralda to obtain a dialogue option to arrest her.
- Choose to arrest her based on the flimsy evidence for +1 Renegade.
- Choose not to arrest her for +1 Righteous.
- Either choice will net you 1800 XP.
- 260 XP for each incriminating item found
- 1800 XP for considering having her arrested
- +1 Righteous for not arresting Esmeralda or +1 Renegade for arresting her