In front of the entrance to the King Crab Inn in Cyseal is Adventurer Mendinus, who will offer you the chance to join the Fabulous Five! If you accept, he will task you with killing the Sparkmaster from Arhu's Failed Experiment.
- Speak to Mendius outside the King Crab Tavern in Cyseal. You will have 4 choices to make: +1 Independent/Obedient, +1 Bold/Cautious, +1 Altruistic/Egotistical. You will also get +1 Bold/Cautious depending on whether you join the Fabulous Five.
- Speak to Arhu at Legionnaire Headquarters and ask him about his failed experiment. He will give you Arhu SparkMaster 5000 Universal Controller and tell you to pick up the Universal Controller Instruction Manual from his desk.
- Be sure to complete The Shipless Sailors before you continue as Mendius will become unavailable later on.
- To get to the cave, head out from the gate right next to Legionnaire HQ. Go North past the ghosts in the mill and turn left at the fork. Continue North at the next fork and cross the bridge, keeping North. You will find a few Boars, Zombies and Mages guarding the entrance to the cave. Once you defeat them, enter the cave.
- You will run into a group of men who will aid you in the fight. You can fight the Sparkmaster normally or refer to Arhu's Failed Experiment about either disabling his defenses or deactivating him outright.
- After you kill the Sparkmaster, go to Mayor Cecil's office. Talk to him and he will tell you that the Fabulous Five have taken the gold and gone.
- 4500 XP
- +1 Independent or +1 Obedient
- +1 Bold or +1 Cautious
- +1 Altruistic or +1 Egoistical
- +1 Bold or +1 Cautious (depending on whether you join the Fabulous Five or not).