This quest is obtained by talking to Brandon just outside the Silverglen Inn. He won't appear there until watching his exchange with Lawrence at the Miners Office.
Recommended level: 14-15
- After speaking with Brandon, you will receive a Blood Stone Cage. Exit Silverglen through the Northwest gate and follow the path around the north side of the city. Continue eastward after you cross the bridge, through the sandstorm to Maradino's Lair. There is a hidden hatch located just north of Goblin Village to the left from a tree.
- Enter the lair. Go west of the entrance to loot an Ornate Chest. After doing so, go east and then Northeast up the first flight of stairs. Continue Northeast and cross the wooden bridge going East. Go North across another bridge and speak to a Goblin named Yox who will begin Slaves And Masters quest. Then head back down to the unexplored Southeastern area.
- You will be attacked by a Rafflesia Abominabla after crossing the Southern bridge. Kill it. Directly to the east of it there is a hidden mound that will unearth a Key to the Study. Pick it up. (There are four pressure plates in this area that seem to have no function.)
- Return West to the flights of stairs and then go up the second flight of stairs to the Study. Enter the study and leave the Undead; they will not attack you unless you attack them. In the Northwest corner of the room, click on the Book. It will open the secret room to the East.
- Enter the room and pick up Maradino's Secret Files and the Blood Stone Shard, which will initiate Frederick's Blood Stone quest. Exit the room and you will be attacked by Maradino's Ghost and his Undead. His adds are relatively weak and all of the enemies here are susceptible to all types of CC, including him. Bug as of EE 184.108.40.206 : you can farm Maradino's ghostly minions for infinite experience - may require to kill their zombiefied alter-egos before 'summoning' Maradino's Ghost
- Now, leave the lair. Use the Troll King Cave Waypoint or, if you do not have this Waypoint, head southeast from the Cyseal Road Waypoint towards the base of the river. You will encounter a few groups of Orcs along the way.
- After reaching the Waypoint, read Maradino's Secret Files at the center of the circle of sunlight (or the circle of mushrooms in EE) located just a few meters to the west. Enter the Cave.
- If you have high enough sneak or invisibility, you will be able to sneak past the patrolling Trolls and the Troll King relatively easily. If not, then you will have to fight your way through the caves. The Tenebrium ore is located in the farthest Northwest part of the cave, past the treasure room and the Troll King.
- Pick up the pickaxe on the crate if you do not yet have one and mine Tenebrium ore from the veins (you only need one ore to complete the quest).
- Return to Brandon and exhaust all dialogue options to finish the quest for 6000 XP and receive The Naked Truth quest if Nadia hasn't been spoken to yet.
- Choose to keep the ore for yourself for +1 Materialistic or
- Choose to give the ore to Brandon for 3600 XP, the Tenebrium Weapons Ability, and +1 Spiritual.
- Alternatively you can Mine the Tenebrium Ore from the Mining Node north of the Undead-controlling-device in the Silverglen Mines and then go right back to Brandon.
- 6000 XP for quest completion
- 3600 XP, Tenebrium Weapons Ability, and +1 Spiritual (or just +1 Materialistic)
- ??? XP for killing Maradino's ghost and minions
- Optional: 36000 XP for killing the trolls